Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sao Paulo.... Nova Odessa Adventure


This week I took a few days to do some exploring and visiting with friends. The first stop was Sao Paulo Brazil. I meet up with a friend I made in Argentina. She was so kind to host me at her house for a few days and show me around the city. We were able to walk around in the city, enjoy a HUGE park, visit a museum that just so happened to be displaying a photography exhibit at the time! I met some of her friends, tried some new foods, and had some fantastic conversations. Sao Paulo is a facinating city and now it holds many great memories for me!






Next stop... I was able to travel to Nova Odessa Brazil. The last time I visited this city was a little over 10 years ago!

I had some beautiful fellowship with some old college friends. I enjoyed meeting thier 5 kids and seeing what the Lord has done in thier lives in the last decade. :) One of the areas my friends have invested in is creating a basketball school for the kids in their community. I had the opportunity to spend a morning with these kids and share the gospel with them.

We had a time where the kids asked me lots and lots of questions... Some of the things they asked were... what is the biggest wave I've ever surfed, do I like High School Musical, who is my favorite Brazilian soccer team.... etc :) It was so much fun!

For those of you supporting me in prayer I would like to ask that you take a moment and pray for these kids.



As for now I have returned to finish up some work on the yearbook project that I started.

No comments: