Monday, May 18, 2009

Mornings in Brazil

Greetings!

I am having one of my typical beautiful mornings in Brazil. Normally I wake up, grab some breakfast and coffee, and then crack open my Bible or a podcast. I've spent the last week studying Hebrews.

Today was AWESOME because I discovered yesterday that the family I'm staying with has a Dr. John MacArthur commentary on ... yes you guessed it Hebrews! :) I must stop and thank the Lord for placing books I enjoy... that I can read because they are in English... in strategic places for me around the planet. :)

This morning I was reading about the first three verses in Hebrews 12. Lately I have been praying and asking the Lord for direction and discernment for my life. Asking the Lord a lot of questions and feeling burdened about the "right" path to take.

In part of this passage in Hebrews it talks about..."fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith". The commentary expressed that We are to be filled with the Spirit, and when we are, our focus will be on Jesus Christ, because that is where the Spirit's focus is (John 16:14). It is not that we make an effort to NOT to look at this or that or the other things that may distract us. If our focus is truly on Jesus Christ, we will see everything else in its right perspective. When our eyes are on the Lord, the Holy Spirit has the perfect opportunity to use us, to get us running and winning the race.

Somehow that makes the choices I need to make in life sound much easier. I have one purpose for the next few months. Fixing my eyes on Jesus. The great thing is that right now I have time to totally focus all my thoughts, energy, actions... everything towards Jesus. Now I believe that my prayers will be shifting from what next to .... how can keep this mind set when I return to "real" life. :)

Well those are my thoughts this morning. :)

Catch you on the flip flop yo! :)

No comments: