Friday, November 28, 2008

Lima Peru





Hola! Love and Greetings to one and all!!!

Lima has been relaxing and fun.

I think its so funny when you are out of your "normal life" the things that seem like an accomplishment or extra exhilarating. Yesterday was Thanksgiving. I took a walk by myself in the late morning to a park near my house. It was scary and exciting all at the same time. I walked a couple blocks to a park and wrote in my journal about all the things I was Thankful for. I have sooooooo many!!!! I could have stayed there all day. :)

Last night I went out with some friends from here. We went to see the Principle Square (Which includes the Presidential Palace) after that we took a taxi to the coast, had a Peruvian chicken dinner, then took a beautiful walk. :) It was a lot of fun and before we knew it the evening turned into morning. I fell into my bed exhausted around 2:30!!! :)

The language barrier is getting easier. I'm understanding more and more as the days pass by. Now I need to work on speaking more. :)

I'm going to a museum tonight and tomorrow the Lima zoo!!! :) Next week I will be spending time in Cusco volunteering at an orphanage and hopefully trekking up to Machu Picchu! :) I can't wait! :)

I'm posting a few pics from my days so far in Lima. :) Enjoy! :)

No comments: