Friday, December 5, 2008

Leaving for a 5 day trek to Machu Picchu at 4:30 in the morning!!!

Greetings!!!!

So i´ve been MIA for a few days. I flew into Cusco Peru about a week ago. I have been staying at an Orphanage about an hour and a half outside the city. It is a BEAUTIFUL place!!! Its quite remote so they only use a satalite phone and the access to the internet is limited. I hope to post some photos when i return to Lima on the 12th. I will have a lot of photos to post since I am leaving bright and early in the morning to trek for 5 days to Machu Picchu. I´m a little scared. I think we are treking somethink like 75K! My old foot injury from my running days flared up a couple days ago so lets pray this doesnt turn into a 75K death march!!!!

Well i love and miss you all!!!! Love and blessings from the road!!!!

Cindy

3 comments:

The Coetzee's said...

Cindy, your are doing an amaizng job on your blog. Describing your adventure has been a treat to read. I trust the Lord will keep you safe. Pray for His divine wisdom from above and guidance. Look forward to hearing more. God bless - Love Cari Coetzee

pjhuffy said...

Hi Cindy,
What an amazing adventure you are on. I haven't been able to get on your blog until this am. It's been a whirlwind here, but am thankful for the Lord's goodness, and place in my heart and life.
You are such a blessing and I'm so thankful I was able to get on your blog, I plan to check it very often now.
I am having an amazing time with the girls here and our study of David, God has made every days study VERY personal, and it's a great place to be.
Your trip sounds like you are having such a rich and powerful time. Your pictures are amazing. How in the world will you sort through all them when you get home? I have and continue to pray for you often.
We love you! Paula & Jim

marsha said...

cindy where are you now
we wish you a great new year
stay safe
happy travels
marsha and dion