Thursday, January 1, 2009

Long Silence

Hellooooo everybody! 

I was looking at my old travel blog and noticed a typo. I edited the post and it pushed it up to the top if my page! :-)  This trek was wonderful to reminisce anout this evening. Enjoy! 




Aloha Folks!!!!

Sorry for the long silence! :)

The 5 day trek to Machupicchu was AMAZING!!!!! :) We took the Salkantay trail, hiked up and over a 15,000 foot elevation mountain pass while it was SNOWING then on to a rain forest and finished it all with a day at Machupicchu!!!!!! All together we hiked about 75K in 5 days. The first few days we hiked 9 hours per day! The walking wasn't so bad it was the allergic reaction to the mosquitoes and then a lovely infection to follow. :)

A few days after hiking to Machupicchu I went back to Colombia for Christmas and New Years. It was an action packed visit with limited access to the internet. :)

Today I am in Peru and tomorrow I leave for Chile!!!! I'm excited and nervous. Its a whole new set of people, places, and things. So we will see how it goes. :)

I love you all and enjoy the photos!!!!

Ciao!

Cindy

1 comment:

Dr. Kit Lauer said...

Beautiful pictures Cindy! Soo glad you're having such an amazing experience! xoxo Maisha