Thursday, January 22, 2009

Leaving for a 16 hour bus ride today!!!

Greetings from Chile!

Okay so I've determined that I finding time to blog when your on the road is difficult!!!! :) These next coming weeks will the same. I'm leaving this evening on a 16 hour bus ride to the South of Chile. I'm joining a local mission team from a church in Santiago. We will be working with children and doing community outreach kind of stuff. I'm really excited and expect it to be nothing but fun! :)

The last couple weeks I have been in Santiago. I had a chance to get to know their subway system and explore the city. I also had the amazing privilege to photograph a baptism service for a church here. If i remember correctly about 50 people got baptized!!!! :) I also had the amazing opportunity to give my testimony at a church as well as at a kids summer camp. Camp was so much fun! It takes me straight back to my Hume Lake roots! :) There are some things in this world that are absolutely the same everywhere!!!! For example when 13 year old girls are at camp they will stay up most of the night talking and laughing!!!! :) I absolutely love that!!! :)

Thanks everybody for your prayers for me. This trip has been absoluely amazing and has exceeded my expectations in every way imaginable. I still wake up in the mornings and think... "oh my goodness!!! Is this really my life am I dreaming????

This week I especially need prayer about the language barrier. I'm learning Spanish but it is a very slow process. THEN.... February 1st I leave for Brazil.... and they speak Portugese!!! :) ha ha!!!

I'm sending lots of love to all of you!!! :) Blessings!!!

Cristobal hill overlooking the City of Santiago

2 comments:

Leeann said...

One of my most memorable bus rides was definitely in Uzbekistan. I think it was 8 or 10 hours before the made us get off (an hour from our destination!). When we got on originally, they had to pull sheet out from the luggage compartment so our bags could fit. Then we basically has strangers sleeping on us the whole way. Hope your ride was as memorable, but a little more comfortable:) Hey, is there a way to "follow" this blog? I'm figuring out this technology slowly but surely.

Anonymous said...

Cindy Lu

So glad to see an update, you look fantastic! Rested and Blessed. I bet your huge smile is a hit with the kids.

Missing your laughter around the Institute.
Mark