Friday, April 10, 2009

Iguazu Falls





Greetings and Salutations!!!!

I got the fantastic opportunity to travel to Iguazu falls recently. I first heard about this part of the world in 1998 and I have dreamed of going there since then. It took me 11 years to actually go there but it was absolutely worth the wait.

You know I was just thinking about how sometimes you wait and wait and wait to see a movie... and when you go to see it.... it was just ok. The expectation kills the experience. Well this is one of those places in the world were my expectations would have never measured up to the actual experience. Nothing in my life could have prepared me for the spectacular wonder that was before my eyes.

There was a plaque posted in the park that quoted Psalm 93:4 - Mightier than the thunder of many waters, Mightier than the waves of the sea, The Lord on high is Mighty! - God is always greater than all of our troubles. What a great sign to post in such an amazing place!!! The evidence of God's power and creativity were everywhere!!! Visiting Iguazu was an unforgettable experience.

4 comments:

Maisha Bonnie said...

ahhh...las cataratas de iguazu! que bonitas :-)
so awesome that you're experiencing all these things.
love you,
Maisha

Leeann said...

Too awesome Cindy! Hey--I meant to write yesterday and never turned on my computer--Kristo Anesti!

pjhuffy said...

What a powerful expression of our MIghty God. The picture and scripture are perfect together. It made me think of roaring falls here, It would be a drop compared to what you have seen. I can only imagine the sound that went with it. What an awesome experience for you! I praise God you are having this experience of Him! Love Paula

aprilis said...

very very cool Cindy!!!!