Monday, September 22, 2008

The New Hair Cut


Howdy Folks!

Well in my last update I said just about everything had changed with the exception of my hair style. Well.... that is not true anymore. About a month or so ago I had seven inches cut off my hair and added a few layers. All of a sudden everything felt right in the world. :) Its funny how a haircut can put things into perspective. Allow me to explain.

I'm beginning to see a new and unexpected trend in my life. I've grown to fear change! This is foreign territory for me. When I was younger I hated making my bed because doing things out of routine was excruciating. I used to drive the long way home from school just because I couldn't handle taking the same old route.

I've been thinking about changing my hairstyle for a year! I've gone in to my stylist fully intending on having him do something new and chickening out as soon as I sit in his chair. After writing my last blog I realized that it really was time for something new. :) So I called my stylist of 5 years and turns out. He is getting out of the industry and only taking customers two days per week. I begged him to fit me in and found out that his appointment book was filled for the next three months.

More change....

So I put off the decision. Sat around hating my hair but still not willing to change stylists. Putting off the inevitable. Until one day I just couldn't take it anymore. I walked into Queen Ka'ahumanu Center, found Master Cuts told the first stylist I got.... "I hate my hair! Do what ever you want!

Half way through my hair cut I felt so happy I couldn't stop smiling. I knew I made the right decision!

So here is what I've learned. Change an be exhilarating. I cut seven inches off from my hair a little over a month ago....yesterday I woke up, got out of bed and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and said, "wow! I really love my hair!"

I'm trying to let that lesson carry over into my preparation for leaving for this mission trip. I'm so afraid to leave Maui. I gotta stop listening to the What ifs!!! :) They don't know what they are talking about! :)

No comments: